Who doesn’t love em’ some Bonefish Grill?, especially the bang bang shrimp appetizer. They’re crunchy, they’re spicy and scrumptious! After much research I found this recipe on: http://www.joeshealthymeals.com and it was spot on to the original. I couldn’t change a thing, I just doubled up on the quantity cause I’ve got a big family. Enough talking, let’s get cookin’!
- Fresh white shrimp- 2 lbs peeled and cleaned
- Buttermilk- 1 cup
- Corn starch- 1 cup
- Baking Soda- 2 tsp
- Plain Panko Bread Crumbs- 4 tsp
- Green Onions- a bunch
- Mayo- 2/3 cup
- Sweet Chili Sauce- 6 tbsp
- Chili Garlic Sauce- 4 tbsp
- Start with your prep. Once you’ve peeled and cleaned your shrimp submerge them in the buttermilk for a minimum of half an hour. Start preheating your oil to medium-high heat.
- Next, make your sauce mixture. Combine your mayo, sweet chili sauce and garlic chili sauce in a bowl. Cover and set aside.
- Keep the recipe going by mixing your cornstarch, panko bread crumbs and baking soda.
- By now we should be reaching our half hour deadline on our shrimp, drain the buttermilk and lightly pat dry with paper towels. Now coat with your cornstarch mixture and drop into your fryer one by one. Don’t overcrowd your fryer or they will not get that delicious crispy crust. Fry 2-3 minutes until golden brown and remove and set on paper towel lined plate. And repeat if needed.
- Coat your shrimp in the sauce and serve garnished with green onions.
That’s all for today friends. Happy eating, I hope you all enjoy this spicy treat. Until next time.