My mother in law gifted me with a crockpot and I’ve been so anxious to start trying new recipes. My first official crockpot delight was Sweet & Spicy Chicken Breasts. The glaze is sweet with a hint of sriracha heat, and it couldn’t be easier. Let’s get started friends.
Easiest Sweet & Spicy Crockpot Chicken
- Fresh Ginger- 1- 2″ chunk, peeled & finely minced
- Fresh Garlic Cloves- 6 Cloves crushed
- Dark Brown Sugar- 1 1/2 cups
- Soy Sauce- 1/2 cup & 2 tbsp
- Sriracha Sauce- 2 tsp
- Cayenne Pepper- 1/2 tsp
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast- 6 breasts cut into 1″ chunks
- Water- 1/2 cup
- Tomato Paste- 1/2 cup
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- The Original Complete Seasoning
- Let’s start off with taking our chicken breasts and cutting them into chunks. Lightly season with the salt, pepper, paprika & complete seasoning.
- In a bowl combine tomato paste, water, brown sugar, sriracha, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Toss the chunks of chicken breasts into your crockpot and pour sweet & spicy sauce on top, combine well. Cook on low heat for 5 hours.
Couldn’t be any simpler! That’s all there is to it, the sweet aroma from your sauce will start to take over your home and the chicken will be so tender that it falls apart. This is perfect for any day of the week with some Hawaiian Sweet Rolls or a nice potato salad on the side, the possibilities are endless. Hope you enjoy and until next time friends.