I recently decided to explore healthier foods so I went on a google binge searching for inspiration for new dishes. I came across a recipe on ilovevegan.com for roasted potatoes with an avocado aioli dressing and I was compelled to share it with the rest of you all! I hope you love it as much as me and my family did. Let’s get started.
First, let’s go over our steak marinade recipe:
- Soy Sauce- 1/3 cup
- Olive Oil- 1/4 cup
- Lemon- juice of 1 lemon
- Worcestershire sauce- 1/4 cup
- Garlic Cloves- 3 cloves minced
- Fresh Italian Parsley- 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Brown Sugar- 2 tbsp
- Freshly ground black pepper- to taste
- Kosher Salt- to taste
- Whisk together all of the above ingredients for your marinade until well incorporated.
- Sprinkle your Rib Eye Steak with kosher salt, black pepper & garlic powder.
- Then place in a bowl and pour marinade over your steak and marinade for at least 30 minutes (the longer it marinades the better the taste).
- Now, grill on high with your grill lid open 7-8 minutes each side until a nice crust forms, then place on the top rack removing the steak from direct heat and close the lid for 5 minutes. That’ll give you the perfect medium rare steak. Depending on your preference leave a little longer or a little less time.
My husband grilled my steak to perfection! He takes full credit for the execution of this wonderful steak, I just gave it all the taste of course. Now let’s get to the potatoes.
Roasted Potatoes with Avocado Aioli
- The Little Potato Company’s Dynamic Duo Potatoes (mix of small red and yellow)- 3 lbs quartered
- Olive oil- 4 tbsp
- Paprika- 2 tsp
- Chipotle powder – 2 tsp
- Garlic Cloves- 4 cloves minced
- Sea Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Place your potatoes in a mixing bowl, then proceed to by tossing all the ingredients in bowl and mix until well combined.
- Next, place on baking sheet with parchment paper at 425 degrees for 15 minutes each side, flipping potatoes halfway through.
- Remove potatoes and serve with the Avocado Aioli drizzle. Recipe is below…
Avocado Aioli Dressing
- Mayo- 2/3 cup
- Hass Avocado- 1 Avocado
- Lemon- 1/2 lemon freshly squeezed
- Italian Parsley- 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Kosher Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Garlic Powder- 1/4 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper- a pinch
- Place all ingredients in your blender or food processor and mix well.
- Next, you can keep it simple by spooning dressing into a ziploc bag and cut a small opening on the corner of your bag and drizzle over your potatoes. Garnish with parsley and viola you’re all done!
These potatoes have been by far the most delicious roasted potatoes I’ve cooked! The Avocado Aioli is so fresh and flavorful you can drizzle this on vegetables, chicken or use as a dipping sauce for french fries… the possibilities are endless. Well that’s all for today and until next time friends.