Lately my husband has been a bit of a health nut, but i refuse to eat boring veggies so I spiced it up. Today I made a copycat of PF CHANGS chicken lettuce wrap my way. So, let’s get to it.
Asian Inspired Lettuce Wrap
- Chicken Breast- 2 breasts diced extra small
- Butter Lettuce- 1 head
- Soy Sauce- 3 tbsp
- Hoisin Sauce- 6 tbsp
- Rice Wine Vinegar (unseasoned)- 2 tbsp
- Sesame Oil- 1 tsp
- White sugar- 2 tsp
- Garlic Cloves- 3 cloves minced
- Yellow Onion- 1/4 onion finely chopped
- Ginger- 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Green Onions- 1/2 cup sliced
- Shredded Carrots- 1 cup
- First start off by making your sauce let’s mix the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and white sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Next, take your veggies onions, ginger and garlic and sear in pan for 5-7 minutes until onions are translucent. Take your chicken breasts and season lightly with salt and pepper. Add to pan and sear on medium high heat about 10-12 minutes until fully cooked.
- Last step, add your sauce to the chicken mixture and simmer on medium low until sauce thickens about 8 minutes.
- Now it’s time to assemble, carefully remove a lettuce leaf and spoon chicken mixture and garnish with sliced green onions and shredded lettuce. That’s all there is to it friends!
Enjoy this fun and healthy lettuce wrap and I’m looking forward to sharing with you more calorie friendly recipes in the future. Until next time friends.