I have plenty of leftover turkey so I’ve been forced to get creative. We love Cuban sandwiches but my diet doesn’t include pork so what better substitution than turkey. Cuban sandwiches are simple and delicious, let’s get to it.
Turkey Cuban Sandwich
- Turkey Breast- 2 1/2 cups roughly chopped
- Swiss Cheese- 1/4 lb
- Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip- 1/4 cup
- Yellow Mustard- 1/4 cup
- Bread & Butter Sandwich Slice Pickles- 8 Pickle Slices
- Shredded Lettuce- 1 cup
- French Bread Loaf
- Slice open your French bread lengthwise. Spread mayonnaise on both sides then spread the yellow mustard on one half of the bread.
- Next heat your turkey breast, once you give it a rough chop sprinkle with water to prevent the breast from drying out and reheat in microwave. Now spread evenly on your French Bread.
- Following step is toppings, top with swiss cheese, pickles and shredded lettuce.
- Final step, toast on your grill pan 3-4 minutes on each side, slice diagonally and serve.
**I didn’t have Swiss Cheese on hand, I utilized Colby Jack. But I always recommend Swiss.
**You can use Miracle Whip as an alternative to mayonnaise if you prefer the sweet tangy taste you get with Miracle Whip.
That’s it for our Turkey Cuban Sandwich, enjoy and until next time!