The dilemma of every year on Thanksgiving Day is making sure you don’t have a dry, tough Turkey. We all want a tender and juicy bird to serve at our feast, today I will share my recipe with you all. Let’s get started.
The Juiciest Turkey
- Turkey- 20 lb bird
- Garlic Cloves- 4 Cloves pressed
- Butter- 1 stick softened not melted
- The Original Complete Seasoning- 3 tbsp
- Sazon seasoning with coriander and annatto packet- 2 packets
- Ground Black Pepper- to taste
- Kosher salt- to taste
- Celery Sticks- 2 sticks diced
- Carrots- 3 carrots diced
- Yellow Onion- 1 diced
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil- 1/4 cup
- Empty out the turkey cavity and rinse turkey inside and out with water. Pat dry.
- Take softened butter and rub underneath the turkey skin over the breasts and legs.
- Sprinkle seasoning all over turkey, the complete seasoning, sazón packets, salt and pepper and rub evenly all around turkey.
- Take your garlic press and crush your garlic cloves and mix with the extra virgin olive oil. Brush on the turkey skin evenly all around. And stuff the turkey cavity with the celery, carrots and onions.
- Bake turkey for 4 1/2 hours at 325 degrees on rack in roasting pan, breast side up covered with foil. Remove from oven and remove foil, continue to cook for an additional 30 minutes at 425 degrees until skin is golden and inner temperature reads 165 at the thigh.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil, rest for 15 minutes before carving.
**Baste occasionally with the juices at the bottom of the pan, once an hour. Do not open oven too often as it may cause temperature fluctuations and uneven cooking.
My turkey was exceptionally tender, juicy and full of flavor. My family did not leave without ensuring they had a plate of turkey for the following day. I call that a success! Enjoy and until next time. 🦃