This is an ultimate Southern favorite! You can’t have thanksgiving without sweet potatoes drowning in sugar & your favorite fall spices. This side dish is a must, let’s get to it!
Traditional Candied Yams
- Sweet Potatoes- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in large chunks
- White sugar- 2 1/4 cup
- Unsalted Butter- 1 Stick and 2 tbsp melted
- Kosher salt- 1 tsp
- Pure Vanilla Extract- 1/2 tsp
- Cinammon- 1 tsp
- Nutmeg- 1/4 tsp
- Prep your sweet potatoes, peel, cut and rinse.
- Place your potatoes and all the ingredients in a pot, mix well.
- Simmer on low for about an hour and a half until potatoes are tender and the syrup has thickened, stir occasionally.
So hard right? I know, who knew! Hope your family enjoys it as much as mine. Until next time friends.