This recipe is so simple yet so cheesy and delightful. My daughter and I whipped this up so easily, popped it in the oven and it was the perfect side dish to our BBQ chicken. Let’s get started friends.
Classic Potato Gratin
- Russet Potatoes- 6 medium potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- Cheddar Cheese- 1 cup shredded
- Milk- 2 cups
- Unsalted Butter- 3 tbsp
- Flour- 3 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Pepper- to taste
- First start off with preheating oven to 350 degrees. Proceed to peeling and slicing your potatoes, extra thin. Set aside.
- Next, in a saucepan melt butter on medium heat and add flour whisk together until smooth.
- Add milk to butter mixture and whisk again until well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper and continue to mix until mixture starts to thicken about 5-7 min and promptly remove from heat.
- Add cheese and mix well until melted. Then, finish by adding potatoes and combining well with cheese sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour covered. Remove aluminum foil and bake another 45 minutes until cheese is nice and bubbly and browning on top.
That’s all there is to it ya’ll. Hope you enjoy this gooey deliciousness, until next time.