It’s the end of the week and that means Friday Night Take Out! So I’m going to share with you some fun finger food made in under 45 minutes and I promise you it’ll make you rethink take out next week. Let’s get started.
Chicken Sloppy Joes
- Ground Chicken- 1 lb
- Celery- 1/2 cup diced
- Carrots- 1/2 cup diced
- Yellow Onion- 1/2 cup diced
- Garlic Cloves- 2 cloves minced
- Ketchup-1/4 cup
- Tomato Sauce- 2 cups
- Worcestershire Sauce- 1 tbsp
- Red Wine Vinegar- 1 tbsp
- Dijon Mustard- 1 tbsp
- Light Brown Sugar- 2 tbsp
- Chili Powder- 1 tbsp
- Cumin Powder- 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- First, prep all your veggies, chop and dice. Season your ground chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat sauté pan to medium high heat with EVOO and cook ground chicken until light brown crust forms. Set aside.
- Sauté all your veggies with EVOO until soft and combine with your ground chicken in pot and add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, Tomato sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin powder, salt and pepper.
- Simmer on medium heat 30 minutes or until the sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on mini Hawiian Rolls or Mini Slider Buns with a side of fries and your good to go! That’s as easy as it gets.
My family and I really enjoyed these tiny, messy deliciousness and we hope you do too! Until next time! 🙂