Chinese food is secretly everyone’s go-to on takeout night. My favorite Chinese appetizers hands down are egg rolls. My problem is that they tend to be a bit greasy, so this is my healthy version of my favorite greasy food. Let’s get started.
Baked Veggie Egg Rolls
- Broccoli Slaw- 12 oz package
- Soy Sauce- 2 tbsp
- All Natural Egg Roll Wraps- 1 lb package
- Duck Sauce
- Ground Black Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat seat pan on Medium high with some EVOO. Season your broccoli slaw with salt and pepper.
- Toss your broccoli slaw in the pan with 2 tbsp of soy sauce mix well and sear for 3-5 minutes until heated but still crisp. Remove from heat.
- Set egg roll wraps on plate for assembly, take a spoonful of the broccoli mixture and place in the egg roll wrap and follow package instructions on how to roll it up.
- Lightly grease your baking pan with olive oil and place your egg rolls on the pan. Lightly brush the top of the egg rolls with EVOO.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes until edges are browned. Remove and serve with duck sauce.
Makes a dozen egg rolls
That’s all it takes to have better then take out egg rolls any day of the week. See you next time!
** If you prefer some meat in your mixture, lightly season ground turkey or chicken and cook thoroughly. Add to slaw mixture.