Whenever your in the mood for Italian cuisine Greek Salad definitely comes to mind. Except you never get enough, just a small salad plate before the lasagna or chicken Alfredo. Today let’s make the salad the main course by adding some grilled chicken breast and some crusty french bread to the equation! Let’s get started.
Grilled Chicken Greek Salad
- Romaine Lettuce- 2 harts chopped
- Chicken Breasts- 2 breasts sliced thinly horizontally
- Organic Kalamata Olives- 1/4 cup halved
- Cucumbers- 1/2 cup chopped
- Feta Cheese- 1/2 cup
- Red Onions- 1/2 cup thinly sliced
- Cherry Tomatoes- 1/2 cup
- Croutons- 1/2 cup
- Italian Vinaigrette- 3/4 cup
- French Bread- 1/2 loaf sliced diagonally
- Olive Oil- 1/8 cup
- First and foremost, let’s get the chicken breasts going on the grill. Take your 2 breasts and sliced them horizontally down the middle. Give them a quick pound with the meat tenderizer and season with salt and pepper then drizzle with olive oil. Now we’re ready to grill, cook at 350 degrees for 10 minutes each side until you have that nice crust. Remove, slice and dice and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and take your French Bread and lightly brush with olive oil and pop in the oven 5-7 minutes until crusty. Set aside.
- Now salad prep, chop your lettuce, onions, olives, cucumbers, tomatoes and toss all your ingredients into your salad bowl. Add your grilled chicken, Feta cheese and croutons.
- You’re at the finish line, add your Italian Vinaigrette and lightly toss your salad together until well coated with dressing.
- Last but not least, plate your salad and serve with a few slices of French bread and your good to go. Dig in!
** Alternate dressings like Balsamic Vinaigrette or your classic olive oil and vinegar may be used.
Serves 4 small salads or 2 entree size salads
Hope you enjoy this salad as much as I did with a tall glass of homemade lemonade! Until next time. 🙋🏻