My take on the classic potato salad is a little different, but in the best way possible. Add some fresh crisp apples, few veggies and you’re in for quite a surprise! My aunt is the originator of this dish, I simply added my touch. Enough typing lets get cooking!
Potato Apple Salad
- Russet Potatoes- 3.5 lbs peeled & cubed
- Mayonnaise- 2 1/2 cups
- Peas & Carrots- 4 oz can
- Sliced Pimientos- 3 tbsp
- Red Apple- 2 apples peeled & cubed
- We’ll begin by peeling and cutting our potatoes in cubes. Rinse and place into your pot and cover with water and boil until fork tender.
- Next, drain your potatoes and set aside to cool until room temperature.
- Once your potatoes are ready add mayonnaise, peas & carrots, pimientos, and your diced apples. Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently mix until well incorporated and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
**Mayonnaise amount isn’t always exact you may need a little more or a little less.
And that’s how simple it is! Wait till you try this creamy but fresh and crisp potato salad. You will never return back to your old school recipe. Hope you all enjoy it, until next time!