What’s better than spending the day outdoors on a beautiful sunny day? I’m going to share with you all a picnic favorite. It’s easy, quick and so tasty! So pack your bags and get your cooler ready cause we’re going to make wraps to go! Let’s get to it!
Chipotle Chicken Spinach Wrap
- Spinach and Herb Wraps- 1 package
- Chicken Breasts- 2 Breasts
- Tomato- thinly sliced
- Shredded Lettuce
- Mayo- 1 cup
- Chipotle Peppers in adobo sauce can- 3 peppers
- Muenster Cheese- 1/4 lb
- Let’s start by cooking our chicken, I prefer to make shredded chicken for the wraps so let’s begin by slicing our breasts horizontally about 1/2″ thick and lightly season with salt & pepper and toss in your sauté pan on medium high for 15 minutes until golden brown on the outside. Then proceed to add enough chicken stock (or water is fine if you don’t have stock on hand) to cover your chicken about 1-2 cups. Cover and simmer on Medium heat for 25-30 minutes. Uncover and use a spatula or spoon to break apart your chicken breasts until shredded. Set aside on low heat and let’s go to our next step.
- Pop open your can of chipotle pepper and take out with a fork 3 peppers and toss them in your food processor on high until they become purée. Take 1 tbsp of the chipotle purée and combine with your mayo.
- Next, heat your wraps 45 seconds in your microwave.
- Now it’s time for assembly, lay out your wraps and spread some of that yummy chipotle mayo right in the center, then your chicken on top, followed by your muenster cheese, lettuce and then your tomatoes. Now roll em’ up! Slice diagonally down the middle.
Now we’re all done and ready to go on our picnic. Serve with some crunchy kettle cooked potato chips and a fresh squeezed lemonade and you got herself the perfect picnic lunch. That’s all for today, until next time.