Who doesn’t love nachos? Everyone has a spot in their food loving heart for nachos. Kids and adults both love finger food so this one is a winner in my book. There are so many different styles of nachos and this is my take on it. Hope you enjoy!
Double Layer Chicken Nachos
- Chicken Breasts- 2
- Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese- 2 cups
- Pinto Beans- 2- 15oz cans
- Green Bell Pepper- 1/2 pepper sliced thinly
- Yellow Onion- 1/2 onion sliced thinly
- Medium All Natural Salsa- 1 cup
- Sour cream- 1 cup
- Yellow Corn Organic Tortilla Chips- 1 bag
- Taco seasoning- 1 packet
- Goya Adobo All Purpose Seasoning- 1-2 tbsp
- Were going to start off with our beans. Empty both cans of beans in your sauce pot, and put enough water to cover the beans, add 1/4 of the taco seasoning packet and put to boil about 10 minutes until beans are nice and tender.
- Meanwhile, pre heat the sautee pan on medium high with 2 tbsp of vegetable or canola oil .Start to slice the 2 chicken breasts horizontally about 1/2 inch thick, lightly season with Goya Adobo All Purpose Seasoning, or any chicken all purpose seasoning is fine also. And toss in the pan. Cook about 5 minutes each side to just get a nice crust, then cover with a few cups of chicken stock and top with lid about 25 minutes.
- Now, your beans should be finished. Remove from heat and begin to heat a frying pan at medium heat with 1 tbsp of oil. Scoop out your beans and put them in the frying pan with 4 tbsp of the leftover bean liquid. Let the beans fry for 5 minutes and begin to mash with a potato masher until you see no more chunks of beans. Then fry 2 more minutes, stirring constantly and there you have it… Refried Beans for your nachos ! Set aside.
- By now your chicken should be finishing up. Open that lid up and grab a spatula and start breaking up that chicken until it’s nice and shredded. Set heat to low and put on stand by until it’s time to assemble your nachos.
- Last but not least, toss your onions and peppers in a saute pan for 5 minutes on medium high. Now your ready to assemble your nachos.
- Set your oven to 375 degrees and let’s get these nachos piled high. Grab your oven pan and first layer those crunchy Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips as the base. As much or as little as your willing to eat, then spread the refried beans over the tortillas, next spoon your chicken over your beans and add a layer of shredded cheese. Then repeat again, tortillas, beans, chicken and cheese and garnish with your onions and peppers.
- Your ready to go into the oven, 5-8 minutes until cheese is nice and melted. Remove from oven and grab a spatula and place on your serving plate. Last step, pour some of that spicy salsa over the nachos and a spoon of sour cream on the side and your set and ready to go for Nacho Wednesday!